Our little blog is growing up – two years old today!
We are still really enjoying blogging even if some ‘teething problems’ have meant that we are posting a little less frequently than we would like. Rest assured, we continue to eat out, cook and bake a lot, and just need to find some time to share a bit more of it here. If you want to see what we’re up to, follow us on Twitter (Emily and Saskia) or on Instagram (username, itpleasesus – if you don’t have instagram you can check out our public profile here.)
As per our post last year, we thought we’d make a little list of our favourite post from the past 12 months.
Thanks for reading!
Em & Sas
Our favourite recipes
Chocolate cupcakes with salted peanut butter frosting: Seriously, need I say more?
Orange cardamom flan: lush custard with musty cardamom flavour and citrus.
Eggplant, buckwheat and chickpea salad: we do love a salad that combines protein and grains. This one was knocked up with what was around the house and it travelled perfectly to our lovely picnic spot.
Hearty and delicious baked beans: a cheap and filling meal that is cooked with love.
Ottolenghi’s lentils with tomato and gorgonzola: This summer salad is satisfying and gorgeous to boot. I can’t wait to make it again once the tomatoes are at their peak.
Roasted tomato sauce: Another mouthwatering tomato recipe perfect for fish.
Our favourite places
- For a hot date – The Commoner its quirky, cosy, they’ll design a menu for you and you share all your food.
- For a macaron – the big newcomer this year was La Belle Miette, their olive oil macaron is pretty spectacular. Further afield (ahem, London) Pierre Hermé and Ladurée lived up to expectations, though if I had to choose a favourite, Pierre Hermé was my front runner.
- You can’t book but it’s totally worth the angst – Chin Chin.
- Out of town – while Saskia proclaimed that ‘life begins now’ after her meal at nahm, Emily will never forget the magic of the Fat Duck.
Our favourite foodie experiences
- Learning the secrets to perfect bolognese and ravioli from a master.
- Celebrating the end of PhD hell with a road trip to Provenance in Beechworth.
- Saskia’s street food experiments in Thailand.
- Emily’s spectacular eating adventures in London.