In today’s time poor world, we all want to be able to create meals that are tasty, healthy, and (most importantly?) fast to make.
Sure, sometimes it’s fun to go all French Laundry (à la Carol cooks Keller) but maybe not after a long and honest working day.
One of my favourites in the tasty/healthy/fast category is simple mixed tuna.
All you do is mix:
- 1 x 425g can of tuna in oil (Sirena is best)
- 1 or 2 grated zucchini (or use roquette or extra parsely)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ red (Spanish) onion (very finely chopped)
- Flat leaf parsley or any other herb (perhaps optional if you use zucchini)
- Salt and pepper
- Long red chilli (optional)
- More olive oil if needed to combine (use your best one as the flavour will shine)
Enjoy this mixed through pasta or in a fresh bread roll, or any other way that takes your fancy.